Critical Media Inc. is a company at the forefront of real-time broadcast media capture, search, syndication and information services. The Company provides tools and services to content consumers, providers, distributors and advertisers, leveraging its real-time broadcast capture infrastructure. Every day, Critical Media digitizes and monetizes over 30,000 hours of keyword searchable broadcast content from 4 continents.
All positions are based in New York.
Video Services Operations Manager
The Video Services Operations Manager will oversee complex projects with multiple stakeholders to define, deploy and maintain scalable web video solutions. Candidate will be involved in the end-to-end process, working with business and engineering stakeholders from product requirement to execution review, sign-off, release and ongoing support with issue escalation. The role will emphasize the ability to manage large scale web video service product release and support with clear communication across diverse stakeholders. The ideal candidate is a well-rounded top performer with a strong background in web service operations. This position is not a pure management position, the candidate is expected to understand the technology of our products, hands on experience a plus.
- Work with business and engineering teams to prioritize and manage product release and support schedules
- Frequently communicate requirements, capacity planning, cost management, ongoing status, issue escalation and resolution
- Identify and develop process improvement from product market acceptance, to customer satisfaction and product profits
- Product feature review for scalability and product reliability
- Product QA management
- Product release and support management
- Service Level Agreement development and adherence
- Data Center, CDN and transit network management
- 3rd party hardware and software review and procurement
- Vendor management
- BA/BS or equivalent
- At least 3 years of operational experience working in a global web service product environment
- Experience implementing complex products
- Superior modeling and capacity planning skills required
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; proven ability to successfully work and partner across multiple functions in an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information for strategic goals while effectively managing detail
- Strong distributed systems and architecture knowledge
- experience in digital web video, web applications, data mining, analytics and multi-tiered systems
- Digital media distribution; CDN, DRM
- Modern product support and monitoring tool experience from ticketing systems to system alert monitoring
Lead QA Engineer
The QA Engineer will work directly with our agile development group, and will be responsible for all QA efforts. This includes certifying that Critical Media software is ready for production usage, and communicating any known deficiencies and risks to stakeholders. The QA Engineer must gain an in-depth knowledge of Critical Media products, including internal program structure and its code.
The QA Engineer should be able to communicate with Developers at a high technical level and be able to explain technical problems.Automation and programming experience is a big plus, particularly with Selenium.
- Certify that Critical Media software is ready for production usage while articulating quality risks to stakeholders.
- Create and instill QA practices and procedures. Make sure they are followed for all software releases.
- Coordinate production escalation defect process/reporting to ensure timely correction of customer’s software problems and issues.
- Identify and report to the development team all bugs assigned to each developer for their review and updates/corrections as necessary.
- Manage the resolution and reporting of defects access the Engineering, Product Management and Operations groups.
- Support senior technology management with project management skills and responsibilities.
- At least 2 years in the role of QA Engineer.
- Bachelors Degree – Computer Science
- Deep technical and backend knowledge
- QA automation experience, not just manual
- Cross-browser testing
- Knowledge of QA methodologies, Test planning, Project planning, Diverse testing approaches, Automated testing and tools
- In depth knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle Processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication